Monday, September 27, 2010

The Spectre - Canson Portrait

The Spectre © DC Comics

I hope no one minds, but I will be doing this type of art over the next couple of days. Today we start off with The Spectre. I remember buying those really cool, creepy and ultra violent issues drawn by Jim Aparo in the 1970s. Great stuff!

In other news: For the first time, in a very long time, I do not have any commissions. How about that? I can probably take a few requests, so if anyone is interested just send me an email with "Commission" in the subject line.

I will be out of town on business for the next few days. Don't worry though, the blog will go on! One of the cool things about this trip is that it takes me nearly to the doorstep of DIARY OF NIGHT creator/writer Will Allred. I'm going to get the chance to hang out with Will, his lovely wife Stacy and their twin boys tomorrow night. Then it's day full of meetings. And then back Thursday. Quick trip to Arkansas and back. Stacey told me to pack a jacket, that it's in the 40s up there. Yikes! Guess I won't be wearing shorts.

This is Post #1088

5 comments:

Royce Thrower said...

Nice work on Mr. Corrigan Gene! i always loved Jim Aparo and am still bummed that he is no longer with us. Loved his Batman of course, but also his Spectre and Aquaman.

Unknown said...

can we ask for requests of you drawing different canson portraits? I would love to see Ivy, or Black Cat. :)

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Have a fun trip! Look forward to seeing more of this artwork

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks Royce. I was a big fan of Aparo's work. His Aquaman work both in the original run and the early Adventures were incredible. And his version of Batman in the mid 70s...wow!

Sure Lisa. Suggestions are great. There are too many times I struggle with what to draw. And I also struggle trying to avoid doing pieces that look like I am trying to tempt someone to buy it. Like doing Batman family characters (you & Brian) , or Supergirl (Royce). :)

Thanks Gary!

Unknown said...

DAMN! You knew ;)