Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Starfire - Canson Cutie Pencils


I only had time to blow up my sketch, print it out on 11" x 17" copy paper and transfer the sketch to the Canson paper on my light table today. But it is mostly ready to start inking. There are a few tweaks I want to do first. Sorry the line art is so light. If I try to make it darker it will cause the paper color to change as well. And then it wouldn't be a very good representation. Naturally it will all stand out better after the ink stage.

More tomorrow.

This is Post #774

5 comments:

Royce Thrower said...

Princess Koriand'r never looked better Gene! Looking forward to the inks!!

Shane said...

That is looking so good, Gene! Very promising!

I really don't know how you can manage to work on so many different things at once. Obviously, you have paying jobs to tend to, and then to take the time to work on things like this... I would just have a hard time stopping and saying, okay now I have to spend a few hours doing ___. I so am glad you know how to manage your time though!

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks Royce!

Thanks Shane! As far as managing time it can be tricky. Freelance is feast or famine sometimes so when the work is coming in I do what I can to take it. The good thing is that doing art is a passion, not just a job. So when I do have some free time, I like to draw for myself.

Gary M. Peiffer said...

The Canson paper color you chose is PERFECT for the Princess! Can't wait to see the final piece!

Gary

Little John said...

I am really looking forward to the final piece. This one looks really good so far.