Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Form over Function


I think it should be safe to share this now. Probably not any crossover traffic between my client's site and this blog. :)

I did some work a while back for a marketing company in Los Angeles. They came back to me recently with a request for me to modify some of the art I did for them into the above. I don't know what you actually call these planes but they are the ones that are printed on a foam material and you punch out the shapes and slide the wing through the fuselage. When you throw it, it flies! Sadly this one is designed to just look nice as part of their mailer. It was never designed to actually fly. Hence the title of today's post. :)

The artwork was done in Adobe Illustrator CS3.

This is Post #802

2 comments:

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Gene,

Thanks for sharing! Wonder how many kids will cut this out and try to make it fly if it shows up in their mailbox!

Gary

Unknown said...

Looks like a ship good old Flash Gordon would use. :)