Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Sketchbook Wednesday - Mister X


I was up ridiculously early this morning, which gave me a big jump on finishing some work. So I did this piece of Mister X in my sketch book using Copic markers.

I worked on Mister X in the 1990s for Caliber Comics. This series and Maze Agency were the two I really petitioned for when they were picked up by the publisher. And I got both. This was such a fun project to draw. I had no clue what the writer was doing and neither did the editor, but it was really fun to draw. If you would like to see some of the art from that series, my friend Tom Fleming (art dealer and comic store retailer extraordinaire) has my original art on his site at Fanfare-SE. Take a look if you would like to kill some time. :)

This is Post #795

1 comment:

Gary M. Peiffer said...

The bald series continues with Mister X!!!!!

I can vouch for Tom and Fanfare. Tom is great to deal with and folks should check out his site and Gene's work for sale (at reasonable prices!).

Go to bed early Gene!

Gary