Tuesday, November 4, 2008

SPACE GHOST! - Pencils

Here is the pencil art for the Space Ghost commissioned painting I am working on. I made a minor change to my original idea of having them on a planet. They are now on floating rocks in space. This opened up the background for me to be able to render more of the ship. Also, I flipped the ship over so we have a view of the top and see into the cockpit. This artwork was done in pencil on 8.5" x 11" copy paper. I will take this and project it on to the 16" x 20" board I will be doing the final artwork on. Things will progress pretty quickly now. Next up is doing a digital color comp.

2 comments:

Brian Jones said...

Very cool..I really like the layout. This is just a fun piece even at this stage cant wait to see it painted! Great cartoon...I mean how can you not love a mask wearing space monkey?!!

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks Brian. Anytime there is a mask wearing monkey in a comic, I'm so there. :)