Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Dejah Thoris - Princess of Mars revisted

I haven't drawn Dejah in a while, so here she is. I just reached in the flat files and pulled this paper out and went with it. It's fun mixing it up. This was done on a 12.75" x 18" Canson Paper. I would say the paper color is warm gray, but my scanner had a heck of a time matching it. I had to mess around in Photoshop to get it close to the original. I used Microns, Pitt Brushes and a Winsor & Newton Series 7 #2 brush with Winsor & Newton Black Indian Ink. Like I said, mix it up.

Today was a full day at the Labs. I did more art for this event than any other. About 2-3 times as much. It went really well, but I was exhausted. But I still made time for Dejah this evening. I will probably put her up on eBay in the next day or two, for anyone interested.

5 comments:

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Glad you found time in your very busy day to do Dejah! I always like these pieces that use the gray colored background. Well done!

Gary

Craig Zablo said...

Very nice!

Brian Jones said...

Love it!

Royce Thrower said...

Love the John Carted series and who doesn't like Deja? She must be kin to Sara Lee!

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks Gary. That paper is away fun.

Thanks Craig!

Thanks Brian!

"You can't eat just one"? Oh wait, that's Lays Potato chips. Oops. Thanks Royce!