Saturday, November 1, 2008


Doctor Doom, that is. This is the last of the Conventionless Convention sketches. This is also the first time I have drawn Doctor Doom and I have found that with my abilities there is a fine line in making him look cool or making him look ridiculous. Overall I think it worked out but this is the fifth one I sketched out. So I have decided to title this piece "My Last Doctor Doom Sketch." :) Below is how the two pin-ups look together. Thanks to Andy for the commissions. This is done in ink on 11" x 17" Canson Bristol Board.


Royce Thrower said...

Very nice job Gene!! Love the overall scene of the two pieced together.

Gary M. Peiffer said...


It sounds like you found Dr. Doom to be a challenge. Don't be too hard on yourself, the result here is good.

So, the only way you would draw DD again is if it were a female Dr. Doom ;-)!


Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks Royce.

A female Doom? Hmmmm, I don't know about that. ;)
Thanks Gary.