Monday, August 8, 2011

Shrinking Violet - Work in Progress


Shrinking Violet © DC Comics

Sorry for the blurry photo, don't have time to wait for paint to dry in order to scan and I have plans this evening.

This is where I am at as of this afternoon with the Shrinking Violet commission. I would have been farther along but I had made a mistake with the costume on the first board. Hard to get a good reference for it but my friend Tom came through with some panels and I noticed that the initial design for this costume is in the back of the Great Darkness Saga hard cover. Key word in that sentence is "initial". Though I kept referencing all four images I had, I know I referenced the sleeves and gloves of the "initial" design and not the printed, and final design, because I got the arms and gloves wrong. So what can be done? Back to the drawing board and back to the painting. That's okay, these things happen. But I want to get it right. :)

This is Post #1408

No comments: