Friday, October 30, 2009

The White Witch

So if you thought yesterdays characters were obscure, today we have The White Witch. (I never said these would be your conventional witches) :)

The White Witch is the sister of Dream Girl of the Legion of Super-Heroes. Later she joined the Legion herself. I never cared for her look in the series by that point. Something about the eyelash antennae was disturbing to me. So I drew her, more or less, as Curt Swan did when she first appeared in 1966. And I threw in a little tribute to Mr. Swan in this sketch. Hardcore Curt Swan fans should find it. :)

This was drawn in my sketchbook with colors added in Photoshop.

This is Post # 741

4 comments:

Royce Thrower said...

Ah yes, the old "reverse" Vulcan greeting with the middle fingers together instead of apart and with the outer ones. Classic Swan! Nice touch Gene. and cool witch...wasn't expecting this one...or many of the others either come to think of it!

Gene Gonzales said...

Royce - I knew you would get it. I'm glad to have surprised you with my choices. You never knew which Witch to expect, which pleases me. ;)

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Glad that we have an expert like Royce on the forum, I would have never got the Curt Swan tribute. Great job on an obscure character!

Gary

Royce Thrower said...

Don't know about "expert" Gary, but I did spend an inordinate amount of time as a kid looking at Curt Swan's art! Wish I could have met him.