Thursday, April 15, 2010

Sundress - Manga Studio inks


This evening I decided to play with MangaStudio some more. So after I quit working for the night, I opened up the program and started sketching the above image. There are so many things wrong with the figure itself, but I was concentrating more on using the brush tool. It's interesting that you can set the preference of the brush tool to taper off at either or both ends. You can even set it so neither side tapers off to a point. After playing with the settings I found that all my years of using a brush to ink and working with a pressure sensitive tablet, I can control the thick and thin lines myself. No need for the program to try and figure out what I want. Still some practicing to do, but the tools are very nice and they make drawing in the program very easy.

This is Post #911

1 comment:

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Gene,

Sometimes I think you are too self critical! Love the Sundress piece and I think it would make a great series! Keep having fun with Manga Studio!

Gary