Friday, April 2, 2010

Pittsburgh Comicon 2010 Advance Sketch List



Announcement #1

It's that time again. The Pittsburgh ComiCon starts in 3 weeks. So I am opening up the Advance Sketch List for the show.

Here's the deal:

Inked sketches, single figure, on 11" x 17" Bristol Board: $50.00

Canson color pieces, single figure on 11" x 17": 125.00.
(Knowing the character request in advance will allow me to select the right color paper from my files) I may ask for reference if I don't know the character or I can't find it on the web at the show. You can email me links to references before the show. I can alway print them out and take them with me. I don't know exactly what art supplies I will be able to bring to the show. So if you are interested in a Canson piece, let me know asap. There is a good chance that I will try to do them before the show. If I can bring everything I need, I will be doing some at the show.

To be on the list, you must be attending the show. Or at least have someone you trust with your cash to pick up the art, pay me, and give you the art. I'm not responsible if the art doesn't reach you. :)

No advance payment. You can pay for the art when you pick it up. I do request that if you are on my list and are not going to make it, please let me know as soon as you can.

An advantage to getting on the list early gives me some time to think about your request(s), bounce ideas around in my head and maybe even doodle ideas in my sketchbook. But I will not get any inked pieces done before the convention. My workload is pretty heavy and I do have three commissions that need to be done before I head to the show.

Announcement #2

I have purchased the software necessary for me to start recording my desktop as I work. I will be trying out a few things and then I hope to start posting the first recording next week. I'm sure about the length or what I will be working on at this point but I will let everyone know the day before it posts. I'm thinking this will be a fun adventure. I've seen others do this and I enjoy watching. I hope I will be articulate enough to make listening interesting as well. And if this goes well enough I would like to do the same thing with my traditional work via a web cam. I would love to hear your thoughts on the matter. What would you like to see? What type of work? Digital vs traditional or either is fine? More on this subject later.

This is Post #898

9 comments:

Royce Thrower said...

Great news on the broadcasting Gene.
That is EXCEPTIONAL NEWS in fact!!

Can't make it to Pittsburgh but a recommendation to all those attending....GET ON GENE'S LIST!!! You will NOT be sorry!

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks Royce. I have been wanting to do something for a while and there are some things I like about doing a live show and things I don't like. So I will be experimenting with recorded shows and go from there. Glad you like the idea. And thanks for the sketch list endorsement. :)

Gary M. Peiffer said...

The broadcasting item is fantastic. Would love to see traditional stuff first, then eventually digital.

I am up in the air on Pittsburgh. I noticed the convention opens on Friday at 1:00 pm instead of the typical 10:00 am start which is a barrier for a one day drop in. I am thinking seriously of going just to see Gene, get a great commission, do a quick scan and take off to the other "event" I have going on. Will let you know very soon!

Gary

Gene Gonzales said...

Gary - Well, the digital stuff will be first only because I have the software for it. The traditional work needs a separate web cam. The one built in to my iMac won't do the trick. The con opening at 1pm changed my schedule as well. My plane lands at 1 pm that Friday. So depending on the shuttle service and the traffic, I should be there by 3pm. I hope to see you there.

Brian Jones said...

Awesome news! Gonzo-Brodcasting :)

I agree with Royce if your going to the show get on Gene's list ASAP!

Pittsburgh 3 weeks..cant wait!

Little John said...

Wow! That's an excellent announcement. I'm looking forward to your broadcast Gene!

And I'll echo everyone else here when I say get on Gene's list for a commission. You will not be disappointed.

/waiting for the HeroesCon Advance list announcement... ;)

carlos a.s. lising said...

Mr. Gonzales,

Count me in on the commission list! I'll send you an e-mail immediately with my idea! :D

Unknown said...

Gonzo-Broadcasting...I like it! Good name, Batmite!

Gene, I think I found the perfect item that will hold the web cam in place that we talked about at MegaCon.

I haven't tried it yet, but it looks to be perfect. Now...I just have to buy it, and see if I can attach the cam to it...

I'll have to try Pittsburgh some year? That 1pm start time seems like a loss tho...

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks everyone for the endorsements and for your enthusiasm for my new endeavor.

John - send me a link when you get a chance. I would like to see. :)