Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Sketchbook Tuesday! - Yeeah Baby!



I have settled back into my work today. And I was in a "mod" mood today while having lunch. Actually I am exploring ideas for fashions for the undisclosed Vaughn/Gonzales project. Though it doesn't take place in the 1960s, I am looking at the fashions of that time period in the UK for inspiration. Well, both fashion and style. I might throw in some mid-century style too for the architecture. I love the 1950s style for home and industrial design. One of the reasons I liked our house when I saw it. It is a 1958 ranch style home. Also known as "Atomic Ranch".

More to come, I'm sure. :)

This is Post #933

2 comments:

Gary M. Peiffer said...

That is what I love about those old Dan DeCarlo Archie comics. He kept up on the fashions, so those old Josie comics I have from the sixties are reflective of what was worn at the time.

Gary

Gene Gonzales said...

I agree Gary. I also like looking at the books that Mike Sekowsky did during the late 60s, early 70s. He would come up with such fun fashion designs for Diana Prince to wear.