Sunday, July 27, 2008

Scarlet Witch

Marvel Comics' Scarlet Witch is up today. I don't follow Marvel Comics all that much but from the news sites, it seems that Wanda has done some pretty bad stuff. lately And she is one of the good gals! I read the Avengers back when John Byrne was drawing it the first time around and that's the Scarlet Witch I know. Even if she went a little Dark Scarlet in that story. :)

This is inked on 11" x 17" Canson Bristol Board. Thanks Eric for this second commission!

2 comments:

Royce Thrower said...

Good girl, bad girl...ennhhh what's the difference when she looks this good? Nice one Gene.

I haven't read much Marvel lately either, but Wanda was always one of my favorites. And when you are the daughter of Magneto...you will have a little bad in you from time to time.

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Gene- The John Byrne run on the Avengers during the time you mentioned was great. At the same time, George Perez will always own the definitive Avengers (and especially Scarlet Witch look). When I spoke to George at a convention about the Scarlet Witch, he referred to her as "Wanda" (just as he referred to Wonder Woman as "Diana"). I then realized how George related to these characters on the peronsal basis!

Great Scarlet Witch Gene, I think George would love it!

Gary