Tuesday, July 29, 2008

BOMBSHELLS! - YANKEE GIRL

This the second of three BOMBSHELL pieces for Michael. I am not familiar with Yankee Girl, but she was still fun to draw. The theme helped too. As always, this is ink on 11" x 17" Canson Bristol Board. Thanks for another fun commission Michael. One more to go and I think I will be walking on sunshine with that one. ;)

In other news, I spent the day in the Labs today doing my white board thang. I was a little rusty because I haven't been doing too many gigs lately. But I got my groove going and it all came out okay. I also got the OK to show one of the BIG JOBS, so if there is a day I am not able to finish a pin-up, I will post it. I still have five more pin-ups to complete before my deadline of August 8th. I'm doing fine as far as the schedule goes though I still haven't received my shipping boxes. Sigh. And can you believe this is the 212th post for the year? Whew!

6 comments:

Royce Thrower said...

Also not really familiar with the girl, but I love your depiction of the bomb in this one!!! Love the use of black..makes it more forboding in a way. Looking forward to the next one!

Brian Jones said...

She is a Dandy! Another great one Gene!

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks guys!

Gary M. Peiffer said...

I don't know these characters, but I love the hair style and the stars on the cape!

212 posts huh. Does that mean a year from now, you will be at 424?

Where do you find the time to fit in work at the lab? Gene, you've shattered the image of the artist who sleeps in until noon, works until 4, then parties all night!

Gary

SwanShadow said...

I agree with Royce, Gene -- the ink work on the bomb makes this one really stand out. It's a remarkable study in contrasts between the ominous black bomb and the smiling Yankee Girl.

Can't wait to see Number Three... especially since I know from your comments who the next Bombshell! will be. :)

Thanks again for some fantastic art!

Gene Gonzales said...

Gary - I am way past the party all night phase. Maybe that's why I can get up at 6am and start working by 7 or 7:30am. I try to keep my hours as close to my families hours. But there are the late nights and weekends sometimes. 424 posts by this time next year? Who knows? This year hasn't been all that tough. :) Thanks!

Thanks Michael. Of everyone, it was most important that you liked it. And I knew you would get my hint. :)