Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Island Girl 03 - Color progress

I thought I would post the beginnings of coloring this island girl. So far the colors have been blocked in. These won't be the final though. One of the things I have to do is work in layers in which I have cut out the girl and the tiki from everything else, we will call that the foreground. The background consists of everything else, plants, sand, sky, and Royce the crab. When I finish I will a layer with the background in full color with the black line art and the foreground color with the black line art. When it is done I will post both versions. I know it might sound confusing. :)

3 comments:

Royce Thrower said...

Royce the crab. Hey, I have been called worse. Seriously, I love to see the various steps in the coloring process, so any posts to that effect would be MOST welcome. It must be doubly complicated to "cut" out the girl separately yet make it all work together as well.

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Royce the crab??? I love it! Sounds like a character for a Sunday comic strip! Royce, you need to come up to Baltimore, they steam and eats those crabs!

Gene, thanks for sharing these process steps on your blog. Presume you are using Photoshop?

Thanks again!

Gary

Heh Heh, Royce the crab!

Jeff Doten said...

Island Girl... a good way to start your day! - I thought I'd drop you a line a say the I've posted about Perils on Planet X over on my http://jeffdotensvenusianblog.blogspot.com/ in response to Chris's kind posting on my book and art - Jeff Doten