Saturday, March 22, 2008

I've got the brains, you got the looks...

Here is an area of my career that I haven't shared, doing illustrations for higher education text books. I am working on the art for a book about cognitive neuroscience. This is one piece from the 9th chapter. There are 16 chapters in the book and a lot of work to go. This piece is a work in progress. It is created in Adobe Illustrator 10. I am a few steps behind on the latest version of Illustrator but it still works for me. This particular publisher is W.W. Norton, but I have done work with almost all the big publishers in this field since 1992. If you were in college some time since 1992, there is a good chance you used one of the books I have worked on. : )

3 comments:

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Gene,

I missed the 1992 date to see your illustrations in textbooks, but I bet my kids will encounter your work if they have not done so already!

Funny thing, I was telling my daughter (now 16) how you do illustrations for textbook. She responded "I hope he knows that some of the kids add things to those drawings". Ah, the younglings, they think they know it all!

Hope you, Dakota and family have a great Easter holiday.

Gary

Royce Thrower said...

As a teacher, I have probably seen many of your drawings over the years.
Happy Easter everybody!

Gene Gonzales said...

Gary - What your daughter said doesn't surprise me at all. But I'm sure she would never do such a thing. :)

Royce - Quite possible. The books I have done include primary education too, though not as many.

Hope both of you and your families had a nice Easter!