Thursday, March 27, 2008

Penguins!

This is a business piece I just finished today. Penciled, scanned and colored in Photoshop. There are words on the final piece but since it is specific to a client, I thought best not to share. This one went pretty smooth from start to finish. The only things that were changed from the initial concept was the addition of the flip chart in the lower right hand corner and the penguin in the water front and center. The idea for this comes from a book titled "Our Iceberg is Melting: Changing and Succeeding Under Any Conditions" by John Kotter. The final file for this piece is quite large: 40 inches wide at 300 dpi. 

6 comments:

Royce Thrower said...

Timely piece. I just saw on the news yesterday that a hunk of ice about the size of Ohio was about to break away from Antartica.

Gene Gonzales said...

I did see Al Gore's movie about global warming and one of the maps he had in his presentation showed that I would have beach front property if we keep doing the things we do. 50 years after that my house will be submerged, but I will be long gone by then.
An iceberg the size of Ohio? Yikes!

Royce Thrower said...

I found the article. I misremembered. It is only the size of Connecticutt, not Ohio as I had thought. Still....

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/science/03/25/antarctic.ice/index.html

Royce Thrower said...

Better link.

Hope this one works.

Craig Zablo said...

Nice work!

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks for the link Royce! Very interesting.

Craig - Thanks for posting and for the kind words!