Monday, July 11, 2011

The Wasp! (Now in living color)


The Wasp © Marvel Entertainment

I was going through my flat files this morning, looking for a rough sketch idea for a painting I wanted to do of the classic Ms. Marvel. It's a rough I posted here a while back. During that search I came across this inked piece of the Wasp. For some reason it got left at home during my convention appearances. I really love this costume and this image so I decided to add some color to her. So today's post is a re-imagined rerun. :)

This is ink and watercolor on 11" x 17" Strathmore Bristol Board.

This is Post #1381

7 comments:

Dene said...

O M G-!!!

She is beautiful, Gene-! I love this-!

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks Dene! :)

Unknown said...

Looks AWESOME!

Royce Thrower said...

Love that retro costume. Beautiful!

JohnPopa said...

That is GREAT! I don't always love that costume (I think it's the head gear) but this is really wonderful!

Charlie Ramirez said...

Love the colors, Gene! Such a great piece :)

Daniel Campos said...

Groovy!