Thursday, July 21, 2011

Shadow Lass


Shadow Lass © DC Comics

I finished Shadow Lass this evening. Before inking I reworked her legs and left hip. Making the legs a bit longer and thickening them up a bit. The hip I just raised a bit. Her name, a gray outline and some white gel pen work and she was finished.

Tomorrow I will be transferring the line art for the two paintings to the final boards and then it's a painting weekend. :)

Speaking of Legion paintings, my good friend Tom Fleming (@tom_fanfare on Twitter), owner of www.fanfare-se.com, just posted the commission series of Legionnaires I did for him almost a decade ago. I might have shared some on this blog at some point but it is much cooler to see them all together. Here is the link to his Comic Art Fans page to see them. And check out his collection of other art, it's outstanding. 

This ink, marker and white gel paint on 11" x 17" Strathmore Bristol Board.

This is Post #1391

7 comments:

Dene said...

OMG-!!!! Tasmia Mallor is SO BEAUTIFUL, Gene-! Wow-! Great, great work-!!!!

Craig Zablo said...

Really diggin' this one. Perfect amount of blacks and white!

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks guys. Check back to see some other Legion art. I was editing my post as you were commenting. :)

John Harrison said...

fantastic job Gene.

Royce Thrower said...

I had seen Tom's pieces before, but nice to visit them again! The Legion NEVER outstays its welcome!

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks John!

Thanks Royce! Make sure you take a look at the other pieces in his collection. I have seen most, if not all, first hand and it is amazing!

Little John said...

Love this one! Simply beautiful.