Sunday, July 3, 2011

Tattoos, comics and cappuccinos (oh my?)


Artwork © 2011 Gene Gonzales

Anyone following my Twitter posts will know what I was up to today. For those who don't, I was parked in a Starbucks across the street from where Deena was getting her tattoo done. So while Deena was being stabbed repeatedly by a needle, I was sipping a grande non-fat triple shot dry cappuccino and working on my comic. Productive time too: Penciled a page and inked half of a page. Oh, and Deena's tat came out absolutely incredible. I will share photos very soon.

This is Post #1372

3 comments:

Royce Thrower said...

Is the artwork your vision of Deena during the tattoo session? ;-)

Looking forward to seeing the First Gonzo inspired tattoo!

Unknown said...

You didn't watch?!

Gene Gonzales said...

Royce - Naw, the artists at the shop were impressed that there wasn't even a whimper out of Deena. Now me, I would have screamed and then passed out. ;)

Spazzy - No. There wasn't enough room for me. They were hopping. I was there for the initial sizing and start. I came back about 30 minutes before it was done and watched for a while, till I was in the way. :)