Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Batgirl - rough


Batgirl © DC Comics

There has been so much talk about Barbara Gordon lately on the comic sites, I felt inspired to draw her in her more traditional Batgirl outfit. I didn't feel like doing some action shot, I just wanted to get back to that joy she had when I first started reading her adventures. So I put her on a roof top overlooking the city she protects.

If or when I get around to finishing her, it will be inked.

This is pencil on 11" x 17" Strathmore Bristol Board.

This is Post #1383

5 comments:

Dene said...

Batgirl's one of my all-time faves, Gene. At least the Barbara Gordon Batgirl is. I'm excited to see this-!!!!

Unknown said...

Yeah.. Im super excited Babs is Batgirl again. This looks amazing. :)

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks Dene!

Thanks Spazzy!

Little John said...

This is excellent!

Royce Thrower said...

Woohoo! this is good and I am looking SOOOO forward to seeing Barbara back in the Bat-tights!