Monday, August 23, 2010

The Wasp - Rough

The Wasp © Marvel Entertainment

I like the original costume for The Wasp. Even though it was designed in the 1960s, when drawn right, it works today. This is just a sketch I did today on an 11" x 17" sheet of Strathmore Bristol Board and drawn with a Col-Erase Tuscan Red pencil. Not sure if I will ink it or paint it on some Canson Board. I do know it won't be anytime soon.

I have been overly busy between commercial work and commissions. Though I spent time on commission work yesterday and today, I can't show any yet. Soon. Very soon.

This is Post #1053

3 comments:

Royce Thrower said...

A beautiful pose and great composition. I love the clever placement of the signature. Sounds like you have been very busy indeed. Looking forward to when and if you can share.

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks Royce. Yeah, business is good and when people approache me with FUN ideas for commissions, I can't say "no". :) You will be seeing them in time. They are not quickies. :)

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Love the resurgence of the Wasp as a character these past few years. Very fun to visit that 1960's costume (George Perez did some amazing newer costumes later on).

Gene, glad you are enjoying a Starbucks drink in your Blog picture!

Gary