Sunday, August 15, 2010

Shrinking Violet - Canson Cutie Painting

Shrinking Violet © DC Comics

Here is the finished Shrinking Violet painted with Golden Fluid Acrylics on Canson Steel Gray Mat Board. I had a great time painting on this board. I love the texture and the way the paint moved on the board. The paint layered nicely and the board really held up to all the water that was put to it over the course of painting. The best complement I can come up with is I will be doing more on these boards in the near future.

I was curious about this board so I checked the Canson website and found the board listed under Mi-Teintes Art & Framing Board. I suspect this is actually the same Mi-Teintes paper I use for Canson Cuties mounted on a board. If that is the case I am very excited at the possibilities. I will be checking with Canson this week to find out more. This was a fun experiment and I am very happy with the results.

I hope everyone had a good weekend. See you tomorrow.

This is Post #1046

5 comments:

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Wow! I don't know if it is the specific combination of the board and your hand, but this one really, really stands out!

Gary

Little John said...

This one is stunning Gene. I really like how this one turned out.

Royce Thrower said...

Agreed. Very nice!

Wrothy said...

Absolutely stunning, Gene.

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks guys!