Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Black Widow - 30 minutes

Black Widow © Marvel Entertainment

First the good news: My A/C is working again and it was a very productive day. I did this sketch rather quickly today. The pose just flowed out of the pencil without any effort. And I did the inks in a choppy sort of way. I put this all down really quick and added some color in Photoshop. This all took about 30 minutes. After I was done, I looked at it again and wondered "Have I done this pose before?" It seems familiar and it may be similar to some other pose I have done. I'm not worried about it though. After so many years of doing this, I am bound to repeat something or get close to repeating something. This was for fun and I am not searching through my files for a similar piece. :)

And my A/C is working again. It's all good. :)

This is Post #1034

6 comments:

John Matthew Stater said...

Very nice - great pose.

Little John said...

I like it!

Royce Thrower said...

Very nice, especially for a "quickie." glad to hear your air is back on Gene. Not having it makes life miserable in these times!

Gary M. Peiffer said...

If this is a repeat pose, it is worth repeating!

Glad the AC is working, they might miss you at Starbucks though!

Gary

carlos a.s. lising said...

Wow! Channeling your inner Steranko, Gene? I like it! :D

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks Matt!

Thanks Little John!

Glad you like it Royce! This quickie actually looked better in blue pencil, but I didn't scan it before inking. D'oH!

Thanks Gary! Starbucks still sees me a 4 or 5 times a week. I get our coffee beans there every 5 or 6 days and I have a Starbucks Gold Card with my name on it. Yes, it's an addiction. But knowing that is half the battle. :)

I didn't even think of Steranko Carlos, but now that you mention it, I see it. Thanks!