Sunday, August 22, 2010

Little Heroes Mix Bag

I have a full day of work ahead of me and I don't have time to color the two pieces I finished inking this morning. Instead I thought I would attempt overwhelm you with both inked pieces and two pieces that never made it past the rough stages. This was a fun theme that I may revisit in the future. Even though these are lacking in color, I hope they let us end this theme with a bang.

Lady Blackhawk © DC Comics
Swamp Thing © DC Comics
Green Lantern, Sinestro, Carol Ferris © DC Comics
Justice League of America © DC Comics

This is Post #1053


6 comments:

Little John said...

Wow, 'Ol Swampy is adorable. This is good stuff Gene. Very fun.

Brian Jones said...

Great stuff and I sure hope you finish that lil Justice League!

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks LJ. I really wish I had time to color Swamp Thing. :)

Thanks Brian! I had to put that JLA piece aside when I realized how long it would take to do AND the lack of a market for it. :)

Royce Thrower said...

I think DC should hire you to do a book for younger kids... "Tales From The DC Universe!"

John Beatty said...

The tiny JLA layout is my favorite! You'll have to finish it sometime, Gene...and how about the Legion?

Have you seen Dustin Nguyen's "little" figures he does in watercolors? He's got some killer prints of both Marvel and DC groups!

People love some little big head drawings!!!

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Swampy is hilarious! Great job on all of the pieces!

Gary