Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Starfire

Starfire © DC Comics

While talking to my friend Tom, I asked him to come up with a few suggestions for the sketch today. He had a few good ideas but this character stood out. Many of you might not remember this Starfire. She did have her own short-lived book in the early 1970s drawn by Mike Vosburg. Fun stuff folks!

Above is the pencil sketch done on 11" x 17" bristol board. The bottom grays were done in Photoshop.


Starfire © DC Comics

This is Post #1054

6 comments:

dicecipher said...

Wow I thought I was the only one who remembered this character.

Gene Gonzales said...

Diceciper - Up until early last year, I had most if not all the issues. She did a more than a few costumes too.

Gary M. Peiffer said...

This must have been her pre-Teen Titan days....:-).

Thanks for the history lesson, never heard of this Starfire, but I do know Vosburg!

Gary

Gene Gonzales said...

Gary - Oddly enough, I was told that this Starfire shows up in this weeks Booster Gold. On sale now at your local comic book retailer. :)

Photoshop Clipping Path said...

A brilliant and resourcefully post

Christopher Mills said...

I always dug this character, and I very much like your interpretation of her. Gorgeous.