Friday, August 20, 2010

Etrigan - The Demon

 Etrigan The Demon - © DC Comics

My friend Tom mentioned The Demon when he saw The Creeper from yesterday and I took off with that. The Demon lends itself easily to this kind of treatment. The top image is colored in Photoshop and the original line art is below.
Etrigan The Demon © DC Comics

I have two more of these cartoony versions of characters I want to do and then we will leave them for a while. Don't want to over stay the welcome. I will have to put the piece that features the entire Silver Age JLA in the drawer. There was just no time to finish it right now.

Have a good weekend everyone!

This is Post #1051

5 comments:

Wrothy said...

Very cool, Gene! I just knew this was coming after your earlier comment. :)

Little John said...

Gone, Gone, O' Form of Man...Form the Cartoon Demon Etrigan!

This is so good. love the theme this week.

Royce Thrower said...

Yes, this theme has been a very cool one. That JLA piece might be in the drawer Gene, but don't lose it! We want to see it at some point!

Gary M. Peiffer said...

I'd like to see a few Legion characters in this style when you get time!

Gary

Gene Gonzales said...

I thought you might find this one to be fun, Stephen.

Thanks LJ!

Royce, I may just post the blue pencil sketch. Who knows when I will have time to finish a big piece like that.

Gary - Maybe later on. I am still trying to do characters I don't draw much.