Friday, February 5, 2010

Windy


Just a piece I started today while taking a break. I did the initial sketch on a piece of watercolor paper but decided to scan it and work on it digitally. :)

One of my plans for this year is working more digitally. For a number of reasons it feels like the direction I should be moving in. Most of my commercial work is done digitally so it's not that big of a leap. But I plan to be drawing more and more on my tablet, and it should get even easier if I manage to save up $2,000 for a Wacom Cintiq. Let's see, if I did 20 Canson Cuties...

Have a good weekend everyone!

This is Post #840

5 comments:

Gary M. Peiffer said...

She is really, really cute and reminds me of Josie. Keep this up and you will earn enough to get that new tablet shortly!

Gary

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks Gary!

Royce Thrower said...

Sounds like it is time for another Conventionless Convention Sketch Sale (CCSS or Double C Double S for short...) :)

Nice drawing today Gene. I almosthate to hear you go even more digital..but truly understand the advantage working that way.

Gene Gonzales said...

Actually Royce we are getting ready to do a Pre-MegaCon sketch list soon. :) Then a Pre- Pittsburgh Comic Con. Then Pre-HeroesCon. Whew!

You are right, digital has advantages. But I will still be doing commissions and fun pieces from time to time. My plan is to do my comic work digital starting with Sally Volt.

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Did Gene mention Sally Volt???? Ohhhh the things to come from Mr. Gonzales!

Gary