Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Sally Volt - Manga Studio Practice


I thought I would show some screen grabs of my desktop while running Manga Studio. The program has some really cool features for creating comic book pages. Right now though, I am just learning about the drawing tools and other functions. I figured I would draw Sally for this practice. The tools are really very nice. Some nice brushes, pens, and various pencils. I can get a pretty nice pencil look to the art with this. I do have a feeling that the production side of the program will be the thing that really makes it stand out.

This is Post# 845

2 comments:

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Gene,

Probably a basic question for you. Can you draw a complete comic story using the program only (ie no pencil to papaer/scanning)?

Sally Volt shot looks promising!

Gary

Gene Gonzales said...

Gary - Yes, the program is written to create comics from start to finish. I can set up the page with panels I create, draw roughs to finish in those panels, color and letter. It sets up your pages like a page layout program so they are all part of the file. It can be completely digital or you can work both traditional and scan in what you need. It seems pretty flexible. The Sally piece was done completely digital. No paper or pencil was used. Thanks!