Saturday, February 6, 2010

Windy - Progress


I only had time to work on this for a little bit today. Most of my day was filled doing some graphic design work that came to me late Friday. It was one of those projects that slipped through the cracks and the client asked me to help out. I had planned on taking a weekend off but I couldn't leave them hanging. We've had a good relationship for a lot of years so I am happy to do what I can. I should have it done tomorrow morning and then move on to some DC work that needs some polishing up.

I did pick up a couple of commissions to do after the Aquaman piece. I will be doing a Canson Cutie of Catwoman, in the hi-slit dress and plunging neckline and the second one will be Scarlett from G.I. Joe. Both should be a lot of fun.

Back to the piece above, after doing the line drawing I have started adding some color. I played around with three or four hair colors and treatments but came back to my initial plan of black hair. The sun dress went through some color changes as well, until I settled on the color above. Dakota was around to chime in on the choices too. Always nice to get another artists opinion. I will continue to refine this image and then create some background.

Tonight I picked up a copy of Manga Studio program at the Apple Store. No, I'm not going manga on all of you. The program has some real nice natural drawing tools. Better than Photoshop and Painter from what I have read. As part of my plan to move towards a digital workflow, I downloaded a free trial a couple of weeks ago and really liked it. So it was time to take the next step and buy it. I will be playing with it in the weeks to come and will share my results.

This is Post #841

3 comments:

LUD! said...

She's looking good, Gene!

I've been curious about Manga Studio also, having seen other peoples' work with the program. Let us know how it's working for you! ;-)

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Gene,

Good of you to sacrifice the weekend to help out a client. I hope you do make the time to watch the Super Bowl though!

I never heard of the Manga Studio program, so it will be interesting to see what you will do with it.

Windy is looking pretty good for a digital girl:-)

Gary

Royce Thrower said...

Looking great Gene...as usually is the case with your gals, digital or otherwise...

Enjoy the big game everyone..and the commercials as well!