Thursday, February 4, 2010

La of Opar - Finished


I finished La this afternoon. With "La" in my head, I kept hearing the song from THE SOUND OF MUSIC. You know the one, "Do, a deer, a female deer". Over and over it played. In the song "La" gets no respect. All the other notes have descriptive comparisons. Not "La", it's just "a note to follow 'So'". Sad. It's one of Deena's favorite movies too. That's why I know the movie so well. I have this plan to take her to Austria, charter a helicopter, drop her off on a mountain, then swing back around with video camera in hand filming her while she spins around singing, "The hills are alive with the sound of music...". She would do it too. :)

Sorry, went off topic there. Still hearing the song...

This piece was finished with some more watercolor, to build up some depth and some color pencils to give it some harder lines and details. The final image is 11" x 16" on Arches Hot Pressed 140# watercolor paper.

This is Post #839

7 comments:

Brian Jones said...

Beautiful job Gene!

Royce Thrower said...

I like this ne gene. Nice job. The rusty skills with the WaterColors seems to have come back to you really quick!

Gary M. Peiffer said...

The difference between the previous La post and the final one with the watercolor is stunning. It is incredible that this can be achieved with watercolors...in the right hands!

Excellent job!

Gary

Craig Zablo said...

You really did an amazing job on this one, Gene.

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks guys. Your kind words are appreciated. :)

Anonymous said...

"La La Means I Love You" -- The Delfonics, 1968.

:)

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks Michael, I now have a new song stuck in my head. At least it's a good one. :)