Sunday, February 21, 2010

Teal'c - Stargate SG1

I have had Stargate SG1 playing on my computer while I work for a week or so now. I'm finally on the last season but the 'Gate has entered my subconscious it seems, first with a Stargate image in my sketchbook a couple of days ago, and today, the need to draw my take on one of the principle characters, Teal'c. I know it doesn't look like Christopher Judge, the actor who played Teal'c, but I still like it. :) This is a 30 minute piece done on a scrape piece of Canson paper that I cut down to the trading card size of 2.5" x 3.5".

This is Post #857

7 comments:

Shane said...

Very cool! I think I saw some Stargate dvds in the background of a photo of yours, also. The Continuim movie is pretty cool, if you are going for everyting.

I like when an artist captures the character but not the actor. Very impressive, Indeed!

Gary M. Peiffer said...

You are making great use of those scrap Canson pieces! Perhaps you can find a market for these?

Gary

Gene Gonzales said...

Shane - Yeah, we are big Stargate fans here. And Continuum is one of my favorite stories. I've watched it more than a few times. :) Thanks!

Gary - I don't know if there is a market for these. It's mostly me just having fun. That said, most things I post here are for sale. ;) Thanks!

Shane said...

Gene, have you seen the Sam Carter sketch I got from Joe Pekar a few years back? I have it on CAF. Joe is not into Stargate but still did a great job, it's pretty cool!

Gene Gonzales said...

I did see that Shane, it was great! I'm pretty sure I saw the original. :)

Shane said...

Yeah Gene, You probably did! Again, he nailed the character without just drawing the actress.

Craig Zablo said...

Never watched the show, but I like the drawing.