Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Psylocke - Rough


I have been wanting to develop a way to paint at conventions. I would like to be able to sketch and to work in liquid acrylics. But the way I paint in studio won't work at a convention. And I would like to streamline my process for both locations. To that end I will be doing some paintings in my free time. Okay, stop laughing. I really only need to do a couple to get the approach down. These will come after the workload and the commissions. :)

This rough of Psylocke was done with a Tuscan Red Col-Erase Pencil on a sheet of 200lb Windsor Newton Water Color Paper.

This is Post #853

2 comments:

Royce Thrower said...

Painting at conventions!!! Now you have me excited! Many have gone the colored marker approach which looks nice of course, but there is something to be said about moving real paint around a canvas with a brush!!

Gary M. Peiffer said...

You mean using spray cans behind the convention building won't do the trick????

Best of luck on getting the convention painting technique down.

Like the Psylocke layout.

Gary