Saturday, February 27, 2010

Catwoman - Canson Cutie

Catwoman and the Bat Signal © 2010 DC Comics

I was hoping I would get the chance to share this one today and I have been told I can. :)

This Catwoman was commissioned by Lisa, aka, Comix Book Gurl. The concept of Catwoman with a sculpture of the Egyptian Feline Goddess, Bast was all hers. And a fun one at that. A few weeks ago I showed the three rough ideas for this piece and it was unanimous that this design was the one to do. More importantly, this was Lisa's favorite. Then as I started this piece, all you-know-what broke loose and I had to put the commissions aside. I continued to work on this a little bit at a time until today when I was able to dedicate the time needed to finish it up. I really appreciate Lisa's patience and enthusiasm for this commission. It was a lot of fun! Thanks Lisa!

This Catwoman piece was done in ink and color pencil on an 11" x 17" sheet of Violet Canson Mi-Teintes paper.

This is Post #863


13 comments:

Unknown said...

I am just so honored to have a piece from you! It is so amazing. Thank you so much!

Unknown said...

Look great, Gene! Looking forward to when I can get back to some commissions myself! :)

Gene Gonzales said...

Thank you Lisa!

Thanks John!

Shane said...

So, very cool! That really came out great! The layout is very impressive, too!

Royce Thrower said...

I know Comix Book Gurl is grinning from ear to ear..like the ... errr...."Cat" that swallowed the canary. Congrats Lisa!

Brian Jones said...

Purr-fection! Great idea and I love this color canson for Selina.
Job well done Gene and congrats Lisa :)

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone =^_^=

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Congratulations Comix Book Gurl! Gene, will you also be doing a Canson for the second of the three poses that I believe another person wanted to commission? Share that one also if you can.

Like John, I am going to come knocking at your door when I get rolling back to commissions.


The piece is great, the color is right, the bat signal is a nice background add, and even a DC copyright notice on the posting! What more could a fan want!

Gary

erica said...

What a wonderful commission! Gene, there'something about you and Catwoman that fit so naturally. I remember how jaw-dropping gorgeous Brian's Catwoman piece was. This is no exception!

Little John said...

This is gorgeous. Excellent work Gene. I like this one a lot.

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks Gary! Of the other poses, I am reserving the second one for Lisa. She expressed an interest of getting that one done as well. :)

Thanks Erica! :)

Thanks Little John!

AnthonyF said...

Amazing work Gene, congrats Lisa! Your Catwoman is beautiful!

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone! =^_^=