Saturday, November 28, 2009

Showgirls and Cavewoman

Today we have a commission I finished before the holiday and was just told I could share it. It's a gift, and while I was told the recipient doesn't come to or know about my blog, it would probably be best not to mention who commissioned it. :) This was a lot of fun. I was given the basic idea and was allowed to run with it. Below are the three rough ideas I came up with. We ended up combining elements of two of them and going with a Palms Playboy Bunny instead of a feathery showgirl. I think it worked out very well.


In other news, Gary emailed me this morning to let me know that one of the CAVEWOMAN pages I inked is on eBay. I had such a blast inking over the incredible Budd Root and hope to again sometime. If you want to see the page, and perhaps bid on it, here is the link: CAVEWOMAN ART


5 comments:

Brian Jones said...

Great commission and you cant go wrong with that bunny outfit :)

Great Cavewoman page hope we see you and Budd colaborate some more.

Gary M. Peiffer said...

The leap from Vegas showgirl to Playboy bunny was genius. What a fantastic piece! Did Hugh Hefner commission it? :-)

Based on the current price of the Cavewoman page ($300), perhaps Gene and Budd SHOULD collaborate more often. I hope the final price is a lot higher!

Regards,

Gary

Craig Zablo said...

What a great commission. It's gonna make someone feel like a winnah!

Royce Thrower said...

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

Unknown said...

*Very nicely done!*

I like the sketch prelims also! I usually don't like to show mine, but I see more people showing them, so maybe I will?

People love "process" posts'!