Saturday, November 14, 2009

The Brainiac-Luthor Team

This is the finished art of a commission for Royce. He had given me a list of Superman family characters for me to chose from to do a commission piece. When I saw Luthor (in prison grays) and the silver age Brainiac on the list, I suggested pairing them up in a re-imagined image of the cover to Superman #167. He liked the idea and we were off. This was really more fun to do than I can express. I did my best to channel the late, great Curt Swan. Thanks again Royce!

This is ink on 11" x 17" Strathmore Bristol Board.

This is Post #756

4 comments:

Brian Jones said...

Great job Gene! Lots of silver-age goodness :)

Royce Thrower said...

Curt himself would be proud Gene. Awesome likenesses and that Braniac is a perfect "Swan" Dive.

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Definately cover quality!

Gary

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks Brian!

Thanks Royce. I'm glad you like it.

Thanks Gary!

That one was so much fun, I might have to do another reinvisioned cover image. :)