Monday, November 9, 2009

Plug & Play

This started out as just the figure in my sketchbook. Then it morphed into this after putting a piece of copy paper over it and redrawing and simplifying the figure. I have no idea where this came from but I think it is interesting.

Other news, Deena and I will be going to Ruth Ekhard Hall tonight to see the Pinellas All County Orchestra perform. Our daughter Dakota auditioned and made the cut. She is 3rd Chair Viola and we are extremely proud of her. Tonight is their first performance. Please join us in wishing Dakota to "break a leg" tonight! :)

This is Post #751

6 comments:

Craig Zablo said...

That is so different. I really like it.

Best of luck to your daughter tonight. Do you best not to stand and start yelling, "SHE'S MY DAUGHTER!" once she has finished a song.

Royce Thrower said...

Much luck to Dakota ( and the other members of the orchestra for that manner ) Hope you have a great time!

Brian Jones said...

Congrats Dakota! :)

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks guys! Dakota and the orchestra were incredible. I had been to a couple of rehearsals and knew how good they all are, but in the concert hall they took it to the next level and beyond.

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Gene,

Glad Dakota's concert went well! Music is such a great vocation for kids to get involved with. My son plays viola and has expanded to low brass instruments.

Sorry for my absence, I have been in the hospital the last week or so with pnemonia. Looking forward to catching up on all of the great artwork that I missed!

Gary

Gene Gonzales said...

Gary - You were in the hospital??? I had figured you were busy with work or other stuff when I hadn't seen you in a while. Sorry to hear it was an illness that got you instead. I hope you are doing better.

Very cool about your son. Dakota got put into a music class in 6th grade and really didn't want to stay in there. I said give it a couple of weeks and if you are not happy with it, I will see if we can move you to another class. She picked up the Viola and never looked back. She started playing guitar in 7th grade in addition to playing in the Elite Strings Orchestra. At her school she is first chair viola.

Feel better!