Monday, August 11, 2008

Them summer days, those summer days

Under a couple of deadlines this week. Took on some extra responsibility on a big job so I have that deadline as well as the art end of it. Two days of Lab gigs this week. Plus I am doing some new artwork for the next edition of the OVERSTREET COMIC BOOK PRICE GUIDE. For the last several years I've been doing the artwork for introductions to the articles about the different eras of comic history. You know, Platinum, Gold, Silver, and so on. The scripts are written by J.C. Vaughn, Executive Editor and Associate Publisher of Gemstone Publishing. I will share more as I work on it. Also I quoted a rather large illustration job over a week ago that I am still waiting to hear back about. Around 45 illustrations in just the first chapter. The clock is ticking on that one because it was a tight deadline when I quoted it. Tick, tock.

And I need to start on a new batch of pin-ups for CILM. Todays post is a sketchy idea. Does anyone know where I got title for today's post? Anyone? Bueller? This is done in pencil on 11" x 17" copy paper.

6 comments:

Brian Jones said...

You must have busted out a little Sly and the Family Stone over the weekend :)

Royce Thrower said...

Brian beat me to it....

a little Hot Fun in the Summertime.

Many covers of the song have been made and as a Beach Boys fan, gotta mention their version too.

Gene Gonzales said...

I'm impressed. Though I should have realized we are all pretty close together in age. :) I didn't know the Beach Boys covered it, but that didn't surprise me as much as finding out Manhattan Transfer, teamed with Chaka Kahn covered this song. I need to track that down. :)

Brian Jones said...

Sometimes youtube comes in handy...
Chakka
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HML8DH0jsn0

and Sly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdOJPmnaeuE

and for Royce

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7LJ0coiY34

Gene Gonzales said...

Way to go Brian! That was great! :)

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Sly and the family Stone, Beach Boys, what are you guys talking about? Never heard of them? :-)

Gary