Friday, August 8, 2008

WORLD OF THE TIKI GODS - Inky goodness


I was up really late last night. Or really early, depending on where 3:30am fits for you. Insomnia is my friend. It helps when there is a lot of work to do and a short time to do it. BUT that wasn't the case last night, so I just draw and ink. I pulled out the above piece and inked it. Got about 80% done before going to bed. Finished it this morning at 7:30am. I like how it came out but I am not committed to the black with stars background. That's why I did the background in Photoshop. If I color the piece, I will change the black. And my options are still open on the original art. I included the pencil version for comparison and so no one has to search past posts for it. Ink on 11" x 17" Canson Bristol Board.

On a personal note, 16 years ago today, Deena and I got married. So this is an important day for us. I still do cards for her for different occasions. She has stacks of them. Deena gave me the okay to share the card she woke up to this morning. I won't subject all of you to the mushy stuff on the inside though. Deena always reads my posts so: Happy Anniversary Baby! And to everyone else, have a good weekend.


6 comments:

Brian Jones said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Here's to sixteen more...Have a great weekend!

LUD! said...

Congrats on your anniversary, Gene!

Lud Hughes

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Gene,

1. Love those Tiki Gods, I think they deserve another series as a follow up to the Island Girl set a while back! Maybe even a web comic!

2. Happy Anniversary! Love the card, you even worked in Royce the crab!!

Gary

Craig Zablo said...

Happy Anniversary!

Royce Thrower said...

Royce the Crab (and friend!) Looks like I am eyeing a little turtle soup for lunch!

Congrats on the sixteen year anniversary Gene and Deena! Many many more Happy years to you both.

Gene Gonzales said...

Hey everyone, thanks from both Deena and myself!