Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Supergirl - Digital Sketchbook


Supergirl © DC Comics
Art © 2012 Gene Gonzales

Supergirl is the theme over on the 2-Point Perspective Blog I share with Joe Pekar. I had finished my Supergirl art yesterday, early for a change. Since I never get tired of drawing Kara, I started roughing this out in Photoshop after I quit working yesterday. I have no plans to finish this piece. This was just a digital sketchbook type of exercise. I plan most of my work digitally. Much easier to make corrections and try different things. If I am going to finish a piece traditionally, I print it out and light table the image onto the final board. It's a clean way to work.

For this post, I left the structure layer visible. It's a scribble mess but it's always fun to see how it all fits. There isn't much of the structure work in the face though, somehow I nailed that in the rough and just refined it a bit. :)





This is Post #1579


4 comments:

Royce Thrower said...

Beautiful Gene. I know that the digital workspace is so much more convenient but I hate that these creations aren't on paper somewhere! ;)

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks Royce. Not only is digital more convenient, it's easier on these old eyes of mine. :)

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Just beautiful!

Gary

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks Gary!