Sunday, January 15, 2012

Digital Sketch - iPad 2


Art © 2012 Gene Gonzales

Overall this was kind of a relaxing Sunday. Actually I only relaxed for about 2 hours. And even then I was laying on the couch doodling this for half that time. (The other half was for kicking butt in Scrabble.) I also did most of a Supergirl painting today. This would be the idea I posted yesterday. I am now into the detail work.

So today's post is something I did on my iPad 2 in Sketchbook Pro. I wasn't too concerned with how this piece looked finished. I was concentrating on working on the iPad and learning the finger gestures for Sketchbook Pro that would get me around quicker than going to the main menu for everything. The other interesting thing was I noticed I could draw with my left hand. I'm right handed. I wasn't using my stylus for this piece. So sometimes when my left hand got tired of holding the iPad, I switched and drew with my left hand. Holding a pencil/brush/stylus in my left hand to paint or draw would be disastrous, I haven't developed that motor skill. But I guess because it was just my finger, and not trying to hold some kind of instrument, it works. Fun stuff.

This is Post #1576

3 comments:

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Interesting observation concerning you left hand and sketch Pro. If you get two iPads, you can double your output!

Cool Brunette!

Gary

Unknown said...

She looks like she is up to something. ;)

Royce Thrower said...

Very cool post!
Left handed art, eh?
What are you?... Frank Fazetta?
You are quickly becoming a
Sketchbook Pro....pro!