Tuesday, January 10, 2012

MEGACON 2012 - Advance Sketch List Is A Go!


MegaCon in Orlando, Florida is coming up fast. The dates are February 17, 18, & 19. I will be sharing a table with the one and only Joe Pekar, though it's not clear where that will be. From what I understand, MegaCon is expanding this year so that will probably change the size and location of artist alley. As soon as I know the location I will post it here.

MegaCon is my first convention of 2012 and it is time to open up the advance sketch list. I will actually work on this list leading up to the convention. Especially the more complicated pieces. Though the prices haven't changed, there are a few changes to the process this year so please look over the details provided below :)

It's a lot to read so email me if you have any questions. Please use the subject line "MegaCon Sketch List".

Prices:

Inked sketches: single figure, on 11" x 17" Bristol Board: $50.00

Acrylic painted: single figure on 11" x 17" (approximate size): 150.00

Canson pieces: single figure on 11" x 17": 125.00.
(Knowing the character request in advance will allow me to select the right color paper from my files.)

Payment: Here is the big changes this year. There will be three options for payment:

PayPal: You may pay in advance for your request using PayPal. Please contact me first with your request before you send money.

Credit Card at the Con: I will be accepting major credit cards at the convention. I have signed up with Square (www.squareup.com) in order to do so. Fast and secure.

Cash: You can pay for the art when you pick it up. I know, cash and carry, how quaint. ;)

If you were to ask what I prefer, Paypal would be my first preference for payment. It makes it easier to keep track of everything and it helps prioritize the work.

This advance list is only for those attending MegaCon 2012 in person. I do request that if you are on my list and are not going to make it, please let me know. And if possible, please pick up your artwork as soon as you can when you arrive at the convention. Or pay for your spot on the list, whichever applies.

I may ask for reference if I don't know the character or if I can't find it on the web at the show.
You can email me links to references before the show. I can alway print them out and take them with me if I need to .

An advantage to getting on the list early gives me some time to think about your request(s), bounce ideas around in my head, maybe doodle ideas in my sketchbook, and possibly show up at the con with your finished piece. There is a finite amount of requests I can take. I do not know what that number is because I don't know the requests. So sign up early and often. :)

I am really looking forward to this show. There are so many of you that I only get to see at MegaCon so it really is like hanging out with friends.

If you have any questions about the sketch list, please ask. And even if you are not getting something but will be at the show, please drop by and say "hi".

Other Convention Stuff

I will have other original art at the show, some you have seen here on this blog. I might have a new sketchbook. This book will feature commissions/pin-ups and roughs done on in a variety of mediums. I am still working on it but I will keep everyone updated here.

This was a lot of information to cover. If anything is confusing to you, let me know and I will do my best to clarify. And please excuse any typos. :)

Here we go!

This is Post #1570


1 comment:

Charlie Ramirez said...

I regret not getting the last sketchbook. I'm on board this year no matter what!