Thursday, January 31, 2008

Convention Season

Above is a convention sketch I did at HeroesCon in Charlotte, NC. Convention season has started. My first show will be MegaCon in Orlando, Fl. I've never attended that show so I am looking forward to it. The full list (so far) of shows I am doing is here on the blog.

I enjoy doing shows and I enjoy doing sketches. One year I thought maybe I was missing something, sketching at my table all day long. So at one show I took only a couple of commissions and when I finished, I got up and wandered around. For an hour it was good. But then I just went back to my table and started drawing again. Being at my table allows me to chat with people wandering by and catch up with those that I see every year, once a year. Always a good time. If you plan on attending a show I am at, stop by and say "HI!"

3 comments:

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Gene,

Thanks for sharing the convention sketch! Franki got a great one!

Gary

Royce Thrower said...

Mary Jane or Gwen...hmmmm
Almost as hard a decision as Ginger or Mary Ann. or Wilma vs Betty.

But no contest... Jeannie over Samantha. LOL

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Royce,

Jeannie over Samantha! That is pretty funny! Seems like there is a concept there for a Adam Hughes humorous sketch, that seems like something he would have thought of!

Gary