Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Hela and Caiera

A couple of pieces to share today. Both were commissioned by Alex. First up is a Canson Cutie (?) featuring Hela. This is not a character I am familiar with and was almost overwhelmed with the detail of her costume. I have to wonder what kind of S&M magazines were laying around the Marvel Bullpen back then. :) Hela was done in ink, color pencil and some acrylic on 11" x 17" Canson Mi-Teintes paper.



Next up is Caiera. Another character I had never seen until I did this commission. I am told she is from the Planet Hulk storyline. Interesting looking character from a series I have heard a lot of good things about. This piece was done in ink on 11" x 17" Strathmore Bristol Board.


Thanks again to Alex for the multitude of commissions he has purchased over the last few months. They have been a lot of fun! :)

4 comments:

Royce Thrower said...

Feel like i am repetitive with my comments, but those are AWESOME Gene! S&M laying around the "Disney" Bullpen! Oh My!!

Gary M. Peiffer said...

You forgot the mouse ears on both of these characters Gene :-).

Seriously, the green Canson works well for Hela. I think it was Kirby that came up with the original complex costume.

Not familiar with the Caiera character. If she is from a Hulk storyline, I wonder if she is green too?

Gary

Brian Jones said...

Hela Yeah! :)

Great job Gene! Both are Awesome!

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks Royce. And don't we expect there are S&M mags in the Disney Bullpen? I mean, come on. ;)

Oh there are going to be a lot of mouse ears in the future, Gary. :) Caiera is not green, kind of a blue grayish. Thanks.

Thanks Brian! :) "Hela Yeah" Hehe.