Sunday, September 20, 2009

Black Widow

This was done for fun today. I felt like working in watercolors so I pulled out a sheet of Windsor & Newton 200lb watercolor board and went with it. The size is 11" x 16".
I really wanted to play with shapes and not be concerned with details. But best example is the hair which is just a mass of color without the rendering of strands or light and darks. Fun to play. And even more fun to put it on eBay. Which I plan to do either tonight or tomorrow. :)

Also, I just wanted to post a great big "Happy Birthday!" to my wonderful and beautiful wife, Deena! :)

This is Post #699

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You knocked that one way out of the park, Gene! Love it!!!

Brian Jones said...

Holy smokes.....wonderful Widow Gene. Great watercolors and she looks amazing.


Happy B-day to the Mrs. :)

Gary M. Peiffer said...

That is a great pose, great coloring, and I like the dynamics of the hair! Great companion piece to the other BW painting that you did a while back and was in your portfolio at Pittsburgh!

Tomorrow is a major posting milestone! What a great way to start the week!

Regards,

Gary

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks John!

Thanks Brian! I passed on your B-Day greeting.

Thanks Gary. The Black Widow piece you mention sold in Pittsburgh, had to put a new one in my portfolio. :)

Craig Zablo said...

Nice one!

Mike Moran said...

That is amazing! I love to do Watercolors but I have not in so long!