Friday, February 13, 2009

Vampirella

I think this is the first Vampirella I have posted here. That's kind of interesting. Well, leave it to José to fix that oversight. He commissioned this piece with one exception. She only has her boots on in his version. For the blog I have digitally drawn in her costume. I'm a stinker. :) Thanks José for another fun piece to do! This is ink on 11" x 17" Canson Bristol Board.

The last few days have been busy beyond belief. I think the crazy pace is over for a while, so I will be working on more than one sketch a day next week. Doesn't mean I will post two a day. Gotta have some in reserve. :) Have a good weekend everyone!


6 comments:

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Any chance of seeing the uncensored version?

Geez Gene, find some time to take it easy in the Tiki Room with Deena since it is Valentines Day!

Gary

Royce Thrower said...

I agree,it has been FAR too long without Vampi stopping by for a little visit. She has been one of my favorite characters since approx 1970 or so when I first saw her in print. A friend of my dad used to drop off "monster books" to my brothers and me after he had finished reading them. Mom never realized how graphic those Creepy, Eerie, Vampirella, Weird Tales, etc magazines really were! She thought they were just "funny books" as she called them. But Vampi became a huge part of my 9 1/2 year old psyche. I have been hooked on her ever since! Nice rendition Gene. I am with Gary, a quick glance of the uncensored version would be cool "for comparison's sake." :)

Craig Zablo said...

That is really nice. You're a natural for Vampi so I'm surprised we haven't seen more of her here.

Brian Jones said...

Let me echo the Vampi peek plea :)

Jose' DeArmas said...

Another beauty sir! I'm feeling sad that there is only one left to go! Still, I am very proud of my collection of Gonzales art! I'm not selfish guys, email me at corwin_black@yahoo.com and I will send you the uncensored version. Cheers!

Jose' DeArmas said...

Another beauty sir! I'm feeling sad that there is only one left to go! Still, I am very proud of my collection of Gonzales art! I'm not selfish guys, email me at corwin_black@yahoo.com and I will send you the uncensored version. Cheers!