Thursday, January 6, 2011

Insect Queen - Canson Cutie Process 2


Insect Queen © DC Comics

I didn't get as far as I would have liked today on this piece, but I'm also not going to rush it. I knew in advance what color paper I wanted to use but when I got the chance to begin transferring the image, I didn't have the paper in stock. So I had to make a trip to the art store for more paper. To make the trip really worth it, I looked at the paper I do have and what colors I want for the next two Legion Canson Cuties. So I did get paper for one more of the pieces in addition to this one. Transferred the image via my light table and inked. Since the ink is still a bit wet, I didn't want to erase pencil lines or put it on the scanner so I used my camera to take the shot above.

Final art tomorrow.

This is Post #1188

3 comments:

Royce Thrower said...

Even incomplete, Lana never looked better!

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Looking real good Gene!

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks Royce!

Thanks Gary! Finished piece is up.