Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!


Artwork © 2011 Gene Gonzales

Happiness is a warm silencer.

Happy New Year! I hope everyone has recovered. We had a quiet evening ourselves. Stayed up for the ball to drop and then went to bed. I was up at 6:30 to finish up the job I have been working on for the last few weeks. Got it done by noon today and then ran all around town with my lovely wife. I felt a great deal of relief finishing that work and beating the deadline by a couple of days.

So here we are again with another year gone. What was once my experiment to see if I could post for one year, every day, is now entering it's fourth year. I haven't added up the days yet but it's a lot. I had hoped to do something special or at least something of a finished piece to mark this 3 year anniversary, but my workload would only permit sketchy stuff with some color tossed in. It's tough because I have completed a great deal of work and I cannot share it. At least not for a while. But I will try to have some finished pieces done soon. I still have 4 more Canson Cuties on my list, and I will be starting one tomorrow and finishing the rest during this month.

I have some fun stuff that I am working on in my spare time. Yeah, my spare time. When I have enough "in the can", I will announce something. Probably sometime in February. Convention season is coming up and that means con sketches and maybe some Conventionless Convention Sketches. Also I am working on a new sketchbook for 2011. Like I said, fun stuff.

Thanks again everyone. For all the support, kind words and bad puns (you know who you are). I couldn't continue to do this blog without you. Happy 2011!

This is Post # 1183

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Had a quite evening of watching Band of Brothers.

Little John said...

Awesome Gene! Hope to see another 365 days of posts!

Steven Ng said...

Hi Gene
I don't post comments, but I love to look at your new creations.
Best,
Steven

Gene Gonzales said...

Lisa - We watched THE AMERICAN. My wife lusts for George Clooney. :)

Thanks Little John!

Hi Steven, I do appreciate your visits, comments or not! Happy New Year!

Gary M. Peiffer said...

gene,

Happy New Year, looks like you have a busy year planned!

Can't wait to see what your new project will be. Also, another edition of your sketchbook is going to be very welcomed!

Gary

Royce Thrower said...

Congrats again on the amazing streak. This may sound geeky, but checking the blog is a daily ritual that I have come to really look forward to. Sometimes, it is actually one of the highlights! That is related to one of my repeated resolutions. Act and treat people as if Santa Clause is watching you all the time. As a teacher, I fully understand that even the smallest insignificant thing from my perspective is sometimes a huge deal to someone else. That can work good or bad, so try to make it good.

Gene Gonzales said...

Gary - I alway appreciate your comments and enthusiasm! Thanks!

Royce - Great advice! I'm sure that is something all of us could work on everyday. Thoughtfulness is always good. Thanks!