Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Mister Miracle



It's gonna take an escape artist to get me out of the chains that bind me to the studio! So much work to do before I leave town. Whew! I don't remember who suggested Mister Miracle, sorry. But I loved the idea and wanted to do something different, but I didn't know what until this morning. And even then I wasn't able to do this piece until this evening.

I discovered Mister Miracle when Marshall Rogers drew the book for about 10 minutes in the 1970s. From there I started picking up the Kirby issues. Never did read the entire run, but I have always liked Mister Miracle, Big Barda and Oberon.

Back to work.

This is Post #971

5 comments:

Little John said...

Love the composition of this piece Gene. It really suits Mr. Miracle.

Patman said...

Oooo...do Big Barda!

Royce Thrower said...

Yeah, I started reading him with Kirby but liked Marshall Roger's take too! Nice take yourself there Gene old boy!

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Bet Big Barda could get you out of that studio! Good luck with the workload!

Gary

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks Little John. Can't go wrong with drawing Mister Miracle upside down and in chains. :)

Patman - Maaaaaaybe.

Thanks Royce!

Thanks Gary! Gotta leave tomorrow at 6am one way or another.