Thursday, June 10, 2010

HeroesCon 2010 - Post Game Wrap Up

Thanks to Diary of Night writer/creator Will Allred and his trusty scanner that he set up at the convention, we have the last of the sketches done at the show. Thanks again Will!




The top left was requested by Little John. A nice mash up of DCs Emerald Empress and Marvels Ms. Marvel.

Top right: A classic Lois Lane vs Lana Lang cat fight was Royce's request. For some reason that piece gave me trouble from the start. There is always one at every show, and this was it. I had done thumbnails of it at home, did a decent rough, got to the show and started over because it didn't look right. Then I got it right but while inking Lana's hair, I was chatting and not paying attention, I inked part of Lana's hair black. Then I started and finished the last one. Whew!

Middle left is Enchantress for my new friend from the UK, Ashley. Ashley and his buddies are from the UK. I'm happy I got the chance to chat with him and one of his friends for a while.

Middle right is Atuma and Phoenix from Marvel's Atlantis Attacks story line. I am not familiar with the story or the Atuma character, but was giving refs to help me out. The toughest thing about doing this sketch was hearing Arnold Schwarzenegger in the movie Kindergarten Cop saying "It's not a tumor" in the way only Arnold can say it.

And last but not least, a request from Sandra for Namor and Betty Dean from the 1950s era of Namor's adventures. She said it was an interesting time for the stories. Namor would have suits on half the time and get calls from the Navy or Coast Guard for help. He would change and be on his way. Fun times it would seem! She wanted him in a nice suit with Billy Dean and I was happy to do it.

That's all the sketches from the show. I hope you enjoyed seeing them. Thanks again to everyone who commissioned them and kept me busy and off the streets. :)

This is Post #980

6 comments:

Little John said...

Thanks so much for the drawing Gene! It's going to look great in my collection. I love it.

I didn't see that Enchantress at the show. Very nice.

Gene Gonzales said...

My pleasure LJ, it was a fun one to do! You missed me working on Enchantress? You were sitting behind me when I worked on it. Now I realize Royce could be right in front of you and you wouldn't know it. ;)

Just kidding! :)

Royce Thrower said...

All of the sketches I saw were great..( and yes I saw the enchantress, but only after it was finished!) Sorry the catfight took three to four attempts Gene, but the result was spectacular!

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks Royce. No fault of yours I had to do a few cat fight pieces. And as long as you are happy with the final results, it's all worth it! :)

Little John said...

Yeah, I missed it. I was looking for Royce. ;) I did see all the versions of the Lois and Lana piece that you did though.

Gary M. Peiffer said...

That is the best Echantress that I have seen in years!

Gary